About Sorensen Outdoor Services
Sorensen Outdoor Services is a company located in Fredericksburg, Virginia that installs and maintains fine landscapes, hardscapes, landscape lighting, and applies fertilizer and weed controls. Our primary business is in the residential market. Competitive compensation, paid time off, and health benefits are provided to full-time employees.
A Maintenance Crew Leader is responsible for maintaining turf and landscaping maintenance activities while supervising a maintenance crew. These responsibilities may include planting, pruning, aerating, as well as include operating hand tools as well as small and large equipment. Must be legal to work in the U.S. and have transportation to and from work.
- Perform horticultural tasks including pruning, aerating, as well as other tasks as assigned
- Identify dying or diseased plants and the reasons for why
- Perform daily equipment safety checks and routine maintenance as needed.
- 1+ years experience in landscaping or related profession
- Working knowledge of horticultural practices
- Virginia Certified Fertilizer Applicator is beneficial but not required
- Must be able to operate a wide variety of mechanical equipment including mowers, skid steers, tillers, sod cutters, weed eaters, plant augers, chain saws and drills.
- Bi-lingual is helpful but not required
- Positive attitude and appearance
- Effective communication skills
- Enjoys working with crew members
- Works as a team to maintain landscapes in an efficient and quality manner
- Takes pride in work
- Detail oriented
- Maintains clean and organized workspace
*This position requires physical abilities such as strength, manual dexterity, and must be able to perform all required functions of this position. While performing the duties of this job, the maintenance crew member is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, lift, crouch, reach, stoop, crawl or kneel. The position is regularly exposed to outdoor environmental conditions including extreme hot and cold conditions. Additional working conditions may include inadequate lighting, restricted movement and dirty/wet worksites. This position may be required to work on weekends and holidays. Due to seasonal nature of work, some peak load situations may arise.