About Sorensen Outdoor Services
Sorensen Outdoor Services is a company located in Stafford, Virginia that installs and maintains fine landscapes with an aggressive expansion strategy. We are seeking extraordinary individuals looking for an opportunity to grow and advance your career. Our primary business is in the residential market, however we are looking for enthusiastic, hardworking team members to facilitate expansion into commercial and government markets. Competitive compensation, paid time off, and health benefits are provided.
A maintenance crew member is responsible for maintaining turf and landscaping maintenance activities under the supervision of a crew leader. These responsibilities may include planting, pruning, aerating, as well as including operating hand tools as well as small and large equipment. Must be legal to work in the U.S. and have transportation to and from work.
• Perform horticultural tasks including pruning, aerating, as well as other tasks as assigned
• Note dying or diseased plants and the reasons for why
• Perform daily equipment safety checks and routine maintenance as needed.
• 1+ years experience in landscaping or related profession
• Limited working knowledge of horticultural practices
• Virginia Certified Fertilizer Applicator is beneficial
• Must be able to operate a wide variety of mechanical equipment including mowers, skid steers, tillers, sod cutters, weed eaters, plant augers, chain saws and drills.
• Bi-lingual is helpful
• Positive attitude and appearance
• Effective communication skills
• Enjoys working with crew members
• Works as a team to maintain landscapes in an efficient and quality manner
• Takes pride in work
• Detail oriented
• Maintains clean and organized workspace
This position requires physical abilities such as strength, manual dexterity, and must be able to perform all required functions of this position. While performing the duties of this job, the maintenance crew member is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, lift, crouch, reach, stoop, crawl or kneel. The position is regularly exposed to outdoor environmental conditions including extreme hot and cold conditions. Additional working conditions may include inadequate lighting, restricted movement and dirty/wet worksites. This position may be required to work on weekends and holidays. Due to seasonal nature of work, some peak load situations may arise.